Earlier this year , The Status Network introduced Assemble, a decentralized crowdfunding platform. Completely open source, Assemble connects a growing community of project creators with funders from around the world. Assemble was primarily created as a platform aimed at supporting web3 projects. However Covid-19 has presented new opportunities for Assemble to be used to rapidly deploy crowdfunding capital to people and projects in dire need.
The Status team is a decentralized network of 60+ contributors from all over the world. I'm Rugi Kavamahanga, a Status contributor currently residing in Florianopolis, Brazil. The local response to the Covid-19 crisis has been to institute lockdown and closure of all non essential businesses. While this has resulted in effective Covid-19 mitigation, it has resulted in mass food insecurity in the local community. The Assemble Covid Relief Fund is seeking to raise 2000 DAI for Campeche Solidário which will will provide emergency food assistance to 180 families for 15 days.
Assemble Covid -19 Relief Fund
More precisely, this fund will contribute directly to Campeche Solidário which provides relief services.
- Campeche Solidário was created, on an emergency basis, as soon as social isolation measures were instituted in the Brazilian city of Florianópolis.
- Campeche Solidário is a movement that arose from the urgency of providing assistance to families directly affected by measures to combat the pandemic of Covid-19. It is an emergency campaign and depends on donations and completely voluntary work to keep active.
- The Campeche Solidário campaign received its first financial contribution on March 3, 2020.
- In less than a month of the campaign, Campeche Solidário was able to distribute more than 400 basic food baskets, directly benefiting approximately 350 homes.
- Campeche Solidário buys basic baskets worth R $ 55 (~$11 USD) / each in a neighborhood market. In this way they encourage local and small business, circulating the money locally for second and third level networking effects.
- Normally 1 basic basket, in the configuration provided to each family, meets the most basic needs for a period of up to 15 days.
- The baskets are distributed at home, precisely to avoid people on the street and encouraging social isolation as a strategy to reduce contagion by Covid-19.
Please read the project description on the Assemble page and consider how we can begin to use web3 funds to reach out in to the world in need.