Update on Project Future
- Meeting with potential investors and other ways to seek funds
- Carl and Jarrad considering putting more personal funds
- Some private OTC trades that would come out of Jarrad and Carl team portions
- Exploring Equity (may not make sense though)
- Carl and Jarrad actively working on this although many investors simply want to stake SNT or token and get a return for free
User Acquisition Engine
- The network and the utility of this network is our primary asset
- Network incentivization is a major initiative
Tribute to Talk
The Tribute to Talk swarm will deliver SNT based anti-spam mechanisms in accordance with the white paper. It allows individuals to monetize their time and attention by setting minimum required deposits to message them.
Status Channel: #314-tribute-to-talk
Stickers are a must-have for any messenger, particularly with Asian markets in mind. The goal of the Status sticker market is two-fold:
- Allow users to buy and use stickers in chat using SNT.
- Allow creators to sell stickers permissionlessly through a curated marketplace, for SNT.
Status Channel: #313-sticker-market
DApp inside of Status, which provides borderless, peer-to-peer fiat-to-crypto ‘Teller Network’ that allows Stakeholders to find nearby users to exchange their cash for digital assets and currency, giving any smartphone owner in the world the ability to take control of their personal wealth.
Status Channel: #321-teller-network
One major drawback in legacy social networks is the lack of influence their users possess over the networks themselves. They are often powerless in having a say on how the platform evolves. We aim to democratise this power, giving stakeholders a direct influence over all decisions within the network, including how the software is developed with voting and allocation of funds via liquid pledging
- Funding done on the mainnet. A goal is to have funds currently in the multisig of the GMBH to start moving to DAO’s for allocation to projects.
Research and develop framework and incentivization structure for people deploying and using Status nodes according to the whitepaper.
Status Channel: #316-core-network-incentives
Status Core Improvements swarm's goal is the preparation of Status Mobile Client to be released publicly (AppStore/GP release tracks).
Status Channel: #status-core
Over the weekend Oskar, Jacek, Corey, Iuri, and Anthony attended a workshop in Brussels with a groupd of other researchers from Web 4 Foundation and Validity Labs. A joint recap will be coming out shortly.
Details of Status involvement can be found in this Town Hall
Murmur & Libp2p
Early alpha can be found here https://status-im.github.io/chat/. Please note this is a proof of concept, and an alpha version. There will be bugs. If you you’re looking for something more stable try the status desktop app.