The team continues to make steady progress on white paper deliverables and SNT Utility swarms. The goal is still to deliver on the white paper promises by end of Q1 and then move on to polish the features and UX once implemented.
The team was at ETHDenver over the weekend and collected a lot of really great feedback from hackers and users of Status. There was a push to release v0.9.34 ahead of Denver and we saw some promising metrics around updates and installs at the time of the release (Feb 12) and on the first day of EthDenver (Feb 15)
This Kudos DApp is being worked on by Jarrad and the PeopleOps team to implement a system to allow contributors to recognize each others’ impact.
- DApp ‘Complete’
- Need Help with Embark 4
- Worst case Deploy to Rinkeby, do via CLI
- Breakdown of initiative on Discuss here
- Some design explorations from Hester [here](https://www.figma.com/file/SpOzKYfIb3x7HEGPLSC0x16b/Status-Meritocracy-HB?node-id=2%3A205 16)
- Github repo here
A new swarm has been created and is being led by Jarrad, Carl, Barry & Corey. The goal is to model the Status Network token economy based on current SNT use-cases.
The goal is to model the SNT value potential for investment, as well as inform design decisions.
Github Repo here
#StickerHeads - Design Competition
We have officially launched the latest community design competition. We are looking to source a community created sticker pack ahead of the anticipated release of the Sticker Market.
Get all the details in the announcement blog post here https://our.status.im/stickerheads-announcing-the-4th-community-design-competition/
The tribute to talk swarm is making progress and working through some final UI implementation details.
Swarm Repo - https://github.com/status-im/swarms/tree/master/ideas/314-tribute-to-talk
Design Explorations - https://www.figma.com/file/aS1ct66VQ6V0cio7vSqS8UoG/Chat?node-id=1319%3A13403
Join the Status Channel - https://get.status.im/chat/public/314-tribute-to-talk
Swarm Repo - https://github.com/status-im/swarms/tree/master/ideas/313-sticker-market
Specification Doc - https://github.com/status-im/swarms/blob/master/ideas/313-sticker-market/specs.md
Join the Status Channel - https://get.status.im/chat/public/313-sticker-market
- Swarm Repo - https://github.com/status-im/swarms/blob/master/ideas/321-teller-network.md
- Story Book & Rinkeby DApp - https://status-im.github.io/status-teller-network/
- Join the Status Channel - https://get.status.im/chat/public/321-teller-network
- Swarm Repo - https://github.com/status-im/swarms/blob/master/ideas/316-core-network-incentives.md
- First Draft in Discuss - https://discuss.status.im/t/network-incentivisation-first-draft/1037
- Join the Status Channel - https://get.status.im/chat/public/316-core-network-incentives
- Sync Docs - https://notes.status.im/2ogTGMkqRwC7VMcGh9mBdA
- Swarm Repo - https://github.com/status-im/swarms/blob/master/ideas/315-core-improvements.md
- Join the Status Channel - https://get.status.im/chat/public/315-core-improvements
The team is currently working on getting the mobile UI running on desktop. There are some existing issues but progress is looking great
Join the Status Channel - https://get.status.im/chat/public/status-desktop
- UI glitches
- Long chat performance
- Encryption error on second login
- Lack of desktop-specific things: right-click, send with Enter, etc.
The Embark team is getting ready for the release of 4.0 and working through the following updates:
- Cockpit: Dashboard UI, Deployment tool, Blockchain explorer, IDE, Dev utils
- Revamped Pipeline
- Transaction Logger
- Display reason transaction failed (indicates line of code)
- Code Generator