Follow these simple steps to connect your Keycard to your Status account for hardware enforced security.
The Keycard hardware wallet provides an additional layer of security to Status with 2 primary features:
- Cold Storage and hardware enforced authorization of transactions
- With private keys stored offline on the Keycard and full isolation between keys and the smartphone, users can add hardware-enforced authorizations for all transactions.
- Two-factor authentication for account login - Keycard can be used as a two-factor authentication method to log into a Status Account. Users can require a physical tap of the card to their smartphone plus personal passcode entry for greater account security.
Step 1 - Generate your keys on the Status app – Just like setting up an account without a keycard, you will first need to generate your keys and choose one of the random three-word names provided in the list.
Step 2 - Choose Keycard storage for your keys – Once you have selected a random three word name, choose `Keycard` as the storage option for your keys
Step 3 - Begin set up and pair your keycard to your phone – Bring the keycard next to your phone and go over 3 simple steps:
- Create a 6 digit passcode. This is like your password so choose a 6 digit code you can remember
- Write down the PUK code (personal unlocking key) and is required when you forget your passcode and need to reset it
- Write down your pairing code - this code is required to pair your keycard with a different phone
Step 4 - Back up your 12 word seed phrase – As always, this will be required to recover your keys if necessary