Join us in our mission of enabling sovereign, open societies and economies. Together, we build technology for those who need it most. Become an ambassador, help out wherever you can, and get rewarded for your work.
It is an exciting time at The Status Network. Status App version 1 is nearing launch. Embark is creating the tools for developers to spin up dapps with ease. Keycard is making strides towards an open payment network. Protocols such as Vac are being developed to support open communication such. Nimbus is bringing ethereum 2.0 to mobile phones and other resource restricted devices.
And the community is growing with people rallying behind a vision of Web3—a vision of enabling sovereign, open societies around the world.
Collectively, we build the tools, infrastructure, and products to make this vision a reality. It is a lofty dream but one we are passionately committed to. And we can’t do it without you. If you share this dream and want to join us in our mission, become a Status Ambassador.
People from around the world have already joined this open source mission in too many ways to count since its inception, but today is the day we make this official and reward the most dedicated contributors for their effort.
It could not come at a better time because we need your help in successfully launching Status v1 to the world.
Why become a Status Ambassador
Status is not only building a mobile application designed to enable private, secure communication. We are building an entire infrastructure for sovereign, open societies from the ground up. This includes the tools, protocols, services, and a community of like-minded people pushing the vision forward.
By becoming a Status Ambassador, you can proactively make a difference in creating an open internet for all. Contributing code, promoting the cause, and pushing the movement forward is fulfilling but you will also get these benefits:
- Funding: Become eligible for funding to host meetups, attend events, produce content, build products and other tools that benefit the overall mission of the Status Network.
- Access & Support: Status is here to help you with your work and ideas. Get technical insights from the core developers and support from our team to bring your work to life.
- Rewards & Recognition: Get some free gear, exclusive NFTs, SNT, and start to build your own community.
- Join a Community: You will meet other passionate, kindred people all working towards a common goal. It’s rewarding stuff :)
So what do the Ambassadors do?
Participation in the Status Network is entirely permissionless. You can do what you want, when you want, how you want. We all work towards the goal of sovereign, open societies under the guidance of our 10 Principles. You can choose to work on anything you like: Propose your own project or support Status, Keycard, Embark, Nimbus, vacp2p or any one of the initiatives in the Status Network.
Our work is grouped into 4 core areas:
- Events: Host a meetup, attend a conference to represent Status, build a product with Embark at a hackathon.
- Kris, hosted a local meetup in San Diego to teach others about what Status is, what it does, and onboards new members with some SNT. Lalo builds the community in Mexico at hackathons and other events.
- Content: This is a broad category and can include writing technical documentation and tutorials for other developers, designing social assets, or creating other cool educational material.
- Brian creates epic QR codes that open specific public channels or private chats within Status (see below).
- Community Development: Growing the community is a full time effort. And with people all around the globe, the community never sleeps. This includes onboarding your friends and family onto Status, moderating the public channels and welcoming newcomers, or answering community questions on our Discuss forum. Warsoverjohn is constantly in the channels helping newcomers and answering questions in #status.
- Technical: All of our repos are open source, and contribution of any kind is welcome. Pick up a bounty, build or propose a new feature, create a DApp with Embark, or simply QA the app.
- Tbenr and Bitsikka are two of the most active community contributors to the repos. Check out the community contribution to the last release here.
[Content: Brian's QR contact code]
How to become an Ambassador?
We want quality not quantity. We want people to join our movement who share the vision. So to help ensure great people become ambassadors the process is as follows:
- Step 1: Fill out this quick application form (5 minutes) to let us know a little more about you, what you do, and why you want to become an ambassador.
- Step 2: We will follow up and schedule some time to learn a bit more and have a quick introductory call with you. To make sure you understand the requirements and expectations of being an Ambassador as well as create your first task in our shared working board. If English is not your first language or you prefer not to have a call, no worries, we will conduct this step over email or a chat in Status.
- Step 3: Complete the task you have collectively come up with in Step 2 and cement your place as a Status Ambassador!
Who and Where are we?
The Status Network is a global movement with talented people all over the world. We are passionate about this work, so if you share this same enthusiasm we want you to join us no matter where you are, what language you speak, what your interests are, or where you come from.
So let’s get started and get onboard as we plan some amazing stuff ahead of the version 1 launch of Status. Fill out the application form, contact us in the Status channel #statusphere, or feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Status Ambassadors website : https://ambassador.status.im/