Some highlights that I think are relevant for Status / Research:
- a big rewrite of swarm is nearly done and working well - consider it a different product almost - will need redeployment.
- PSS is really interesting from a messaging perspective as a potential replacement for Whisper.
- a network simulation framework has been developed, which can be used for P2P simulations and tests.
- ethergit - git storage on swarm - allows secure pushing through customizable blockchain contract.
- nucypher reencryption framework interesting for solving group chat.
- mutable resources on swarm - a way to negotiate updates to a single resource meaning that for example a chat log could be stored there, maybe.
- there was a talk about automating blockchain node deployments with redhat openshift.
- swap/swear/swindle framework really interesting - can be used to collect payments in desktop version from mobile users.