3-week Digital Hackathon in Partnership with Bounty One and BlockGeeks Now Live
It is incredible to collaborate with teams like Bounties Network to integrate Moksha Coin into EthIndia and Winding Tree to allow for decentralized hotel booking for EthBerlin and the Status Hackathon. These exciting collaborations and integrations came about through open communication with our friends and projects we work with frequently.
Now imagine if we put a call out to all ethereum developers to come up with cool DApps to be used at an event. That is exactly what we are doing with Bounty One and BlockGeeks. Today marks the start of a three week digital hackathon through the Bounty One platform. We are asking developers from all over the world to get involved and build a DApp using the Embark framework that can be used at an event. If your idea is awesome (and feasible), we will use it at the Status Hackathon.
The requirements are simple:
- You must use the Embark framework and be built on the Ethereum Blockchain
- Open source
- The DApp must have some relevance or use case at an event
- Must be a bootstrapped project (no external funding).
- Must deploy a working MVP by Sunday September 2nd
- Judging will be done by the Status team
- Projects will be judged based on creativity and relevance to an event
- A collective purse of 9 ETH is up for grabs!
- 1st place - 60%
- 2nd place - 20%
- 3rd place - 10%
- If possible, winning DApps will be used at Status Hackathon
- Winning teams automatically qualified to attend Status Hackathon in Prague October 26 - 28
To give you a sense of what we mean by a DApp that can be used at an event, here is what has been put in place for some of the ETHGlobal events and hopefully for the Status Hackathon – #CryptoLife:
- Winding Tree: a DApp that allows attendees to book their hotel room and pay with cryptocurrencies.
- Livepeer: Decentralized Live-Streaming, built on Ethereum
- BlockParty: You pay a small deposit when you register for an event. If you do not show up, you lose your money and it gets re-distributed to everyone who does attend.
- Bounties Network: Creation of bounties and tokens to be distributed and used at the event
- Status: Decentralized group chat for the events (check them out in Status #ethberlin #cryptolife)
Your DApp can be an extension to one of these ideas or something completely unique. We look forward to what you can come up with and, if it is possible, we will work with you to use your DApp at the Status Hackathon.
To get involved, sign up to the hackathon on the Bounty One website.
To get started with Embark, visit the website here