We're often discussing Very Big Things, about how we see our mission and individual contributions, about what we believe in and what moves us. We'd like to share those Visions with people in a personal, unfiltered way.
Given the chances of us being in the same physical place are slim, we try different ways of gathering and have the same level of interactions co-located folks have.
Ideajam was born that way - inspired by the idea of appreciative inquiry, and by a desire to spark and share ideas, instead of executing them. They give us a chance to spend some time with another person, talk through challenging topics, and discover something new, that can plant the seed for future collaborations.
We'd like for everyone to be involved in #ideajam and also, to be able to read all the output as it comes out, so we've created some guidelines:
- Top-down direction leads to disempowerment, and discourages people to be involved in the developement of organisations. Ideajammers don't need anyone's prior approval to publish.
- Ideajams are about enabling and amplifying the diverse views and voices of our community, the #stateofus.
- Ideajams are about sparking and sharing ideas, not executing them.
- Ideajams are an occasion to meet another person, talk through challenging topics, and discover something new, that can plant the seed for future collaborations.
We respect that time is an individual's most valuable resource. Therefore, we recommend that Ideajams:
- last maximum one hour with:
- 40 minutes of inquiry / discussion,
- 20 minutes to coauthor a post.
- The post should be roughly 200 - 400 words (1-2 mins reading time)