With the v1.8 release, Status aims to improve your control over your communication and your finances. Private group chats, which not only end-to-end encrypt all messages, but also keep the members of the group private, have doubled their capacity, now allowing up to 20 members. Status can't see who's in a group, who's talking, or what is being said. Truly private messaging.
Additionally, you can now opt out of connecting to history nodes under the Sync settings. For our at-risk users, we are taking additional precautions to provide a greater degree of privacy for those who need it. It is important to note that even while using a history node, your messages will remain end-to-end encrypted at all times, inaccessible to even the node operator themselves.
Finally, Status now offers an improved control over your wallet by allowing the addition of new ERC-20 tokens of your choice by making use of the 'Scan tokens' option.
- Increased private group chat size to 20
- Allow users not to connect to history nodes
- Added scan button to fetch ERC-20 tokens
- Fix browser issues with logging in on github.com
- Fix bug with mentions not resolved in messages with markdown
- Fix blank view when open yearn.finance
- Fix entering “0x” in recipient field
The APK available is here.
For the full changelog, see our Github.